We Quit Cigarettes

:hugs Do NOT beat yourself up. It is an addiction. Removing it 100% SLAM has real side effects.

RIGHT!! Just like the commercial says! Slow turkey not slam dunk.

For real I have smoked for 30 years. I know those cravings very well. I think if you torture yourself it will make it harder.
Maybe counting what you USED to smoke then cut 30-50% out for 3-4 days then another 30-50% off that and repeat. Then the side effects wouldn't hit so hard.
So I've done just this.
Over this past week I've gotten myself down to just (yesterday) 3-4 cigs a day.

I think I'm just having trouble with making it through today...with knowing that today will be the first whole day without.

I don't even know what if I'm making sense anymore.

So I've done just this.
Over this past week I've gotten myself down to just (yesterday) 3-4 cigs a day.

I think I'm just having trouble it through today...with knowing that today will be the first whole day without.

I don't even know what if I'm making sense anymore.
The day is almost over, you can do it!

:hugs Do NOT beat yourself up. It is an addiction. Removing it 100% SLAM has real side effects.

RIGHT!! Just like the commercial says! Slow turkey not slam dunk.

For real I have smoked for 30 years. I know those cravings very well. I think if you torture yourself it will make it harder.
Maybe counting what you USED to smoke then cut 30-50% out for 3-4 days then another 30-50% off that and repeat. Then the side effects wouldn't hit so hard.
Agree 100%.

Cut back, taper off your smokes. Until the cravings aren't so intense. Give yourself so many a day, ration them, step down until you go from a couple a day to none!!! Cold turkey makes for a near crazy lady on BYC forums! Cold turkey ain't for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom