We Quit Cigarettes

It's across from one of our sections. It's a death zone.
The main road right on the east side of my property is a death zone for both people and animals. The drivers are almost always going too fast for conditions and it is a major road crossing for all kinds of animals.

I just dealt with one this morning. There has been a doe with a broken leg hanging out in my horse shed. She was alive this morning when I opened up the coop doors. Later I could see a deer laying there with no sign of movement and just thought to myself that she must have died.

When I went out to check for eggs, I also checked on the deer. There was no movement so I went on in and found a dead deer. I was surprised to see that it was not the doe with the broken leg but instead was one of last springs fawns. I have no idea what the cause of death was but she was able to make it into the horse shed shed and lie down before she died. I dragged her out behind the shed and saw the doe with the broken leg farther down in the field. She is still doing fine.

Y'all toddler nap time is the WORST. I've tried eating, exercising, task lists that I can't possibly compete so there's no down time.... The only thing that works is sleeping. And you can't sleep the day away. :barnie

I am having a HELL of a time fighting my brain that's saying "gimme a break, one a day is NOTHING, don't drive yourself crazy over having just 1 a day" and the other side saying "stfu, brain, let's stick it out for good, the only acceptable situation is 0."

Y'all toddler nap time is the WORST. I've tried eating, exercising, task lists that I can't possibly compete so there's no down time.... The only thing that works is sleeping. And you can't sleep the day away. :barnie

I am having a HELL of a time fighting my brain that's saying "gimme a break, one a day is NOTHING, don't drive yourself crazy over having just 1 a day" and the other side saying "stfu, brain, let's stick it out for good, the only acceptable situation is 0."

Do something during naptime that means wet hands!
Wipe down walls if you have to!!!! Keep those hand WET!
It gives you that 30 seconds during drying to say NO!
:th

That can't be fun. In essence, people may choose to go back and reread to see what this is about if they missed it the first time, thus bringing more attention to it. View attachment 2035616
Once it's on the internet......

Taking one nap is not sleeping the day away.

How about the "learn a new skill" approach?
Do you bake? Maybe learn how to make homemade bread, pizza crust, your own egg noodles.......

Crap I forgot to tell you the doctor recommended daily yoga.
I almost laughed.
I really like in this lady...I like how she tells me straight up that it's a mind game.

She said the temporary Band-Aid (Chantix) is working because I am winning at the mind game.

Maybe I should try yoga! Haha

Yes get into a routine. You will be surprised how much better you feel about the whole day.

Thanks! I think I’m going to try this. I think it would be better to have a routine and a plan instead of just waking up and doing whatever strikes me that day. Which usually results in nothing getting done. :oops:

Today I’ve finally been doing stuff but usually don’t.

:hugs :hugs

You are doing GREAT. Mindfulness meditation has been working for Kiki--maybe for you too? Find a good long one--30 minutes maybe if you can find one. Of course you can do it without, but when your panicking brain is screaming, the calm voice of an outsider may be of inestimable help. You've just got to get through this wall is all... two-three days? A week? Two? I suppose it varies, but it is finite. You win, your toddler wins, your partner wins... Otherwise you start over. Going through now is easier, though.

Your brain is lying to you. It's all about chemicals, nothing to do with truth. Go for a run even if you have to do laps around your property. Prepare a complicated dish for supper--something you need to pay attention to. You can do this!!!

Back
Top Bottom