Adding More Chickens

I'm just looking on the Olmet site. And a 9x24 is the biggest they have. (That is inside measurements. The predator apron adds 15 inches to width and length. So the 10.3 x 22.3 is 9x21 usable inside space. And the 9 foot across one has another "section" across the side where the gate is. Buy the pictures yours is 6 feet across rather than 9 feet.

Last edited:
It’s 10x22
The duck run will be 10x25

Thanks.

The absolute maximum number would be 22 but I find mine are much happier with more room. Maybe stick to 15-16 birds in that run.

You already know you will need a new bigger coop so build/buy that a bit bigger too. It will give you more options.

I see since I was called away there have been measurement clarification.

It may be better to stick with 14-15 MAXIMUM in that run.

I always heard 8-10sqft per bird in the run if not free ranging, 3-4sqft per bird in the coop, 10-12” of roosting space per bird and 1 nesting box per 3 hens (but let’s be honest no matter how many nesting boxes they all lay in the same box😂).
F5FA2865-15D2-4495-AA2D-A2A6AC02A7E4.png

Thanks.

The absolute maximum number would be 22 but I find mine are much happier with more room. Maybe stick to 15-16 birds in that run.

You already know you will need a new bigger coop so build/buy that a bit bigger too. It will give you more options.

I see since I was called away there have been measurement clarification.

It may be better to stick with 14-15 MAXIMUM in that run.
I agree, it’s best to keep it at a low number rather than max it out

Back
Top Bottom