Adding peeps with broody hen

Cluckengoodtimes

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2022
Question, I have a 14 month old silikie I have been nursing back to health for wry neck. She seem to being doing better. I have 3 week old Wyandotte. Can I put them together till my silikie is ready to back to the flock? Silikie is in a spepreate pen at the moment.I like to try to but them all in together to help with reintroduce the silikie, so she's not picked on. Thanks for any advice!

Make sure that the little one has a place to retreat if things get bad. I like to put a cat carrier in the coop with the door clamped open just enough for the smaller birds when introducing my little ones.

Beyond that, 3 weeks is still kinda young. Would you be providing heat through a heating pad/lamp? Or is your weather getting warm enough for the little one to be on their own outside?

Make sure that the little one has a place to retreat if things get bad. I like to put a cat carrier in the coop with the door clamped open just enough for the smaller birds when introducing my little ones.

Beyond that, 3 weeks is still kinda young. Would you be providing heat through a heating pad/lamp? Or is your weather getting warm enough for the little one to be on their own outside?
Ok, thanks for the response! I will be providing a heat lamp, until 6 weeks. Temperature are up and down right now, not too cold. I will try this. I feel bad for because she's all alone. Was hoping to get her some company.

Back
Top Bottom