Adding to my flock

EMandJAKE

In the Brooder
May 14, 2019
Hey there. Not sure if this has been covered but, I’ve got 4 standard ladies currently (1 ameraucana, 1 Sussex, 1 copper maran and 1 olive egger) and just added 4 more baby chicks to the mix. The first 4 are just about a year old and the new ones are all day old bantams (2 silkies, 1 frizzle and 1 sebright). My run/coop is 6x10 and the coop/roost box is 6x4. Does that sound like enough space when all 8 are eventually together?
DC3C58C3-D70E-41E7-9352-D27DB745B387.jpeg

it’s a big walk in coop.

Hey there. Not sure if this has been covered but, I’ve got 4 standard ladies currently (1 ameraucana, 1 Sussex, 1 copper maran and 1 olive egger) and just added 4 more baby chicks to the mix. The first 4 are just about a year old and the new ones are all day old bantams (2 silkies, 1 frizzle and 1 sebright). My run/coop is 6x10 and the coop/roost box is 6x4. Does that sound like enough space when all 8 are eventually together? View attachment 2076041
it’s a big walk in coop.
It's going to be tight. Especially if you have more than one cockerel in the bantam batch.
Any way to double up on your run? I'd extend the end furthest from the coop. You will never regret having more space for the birds.

We do some free ranging as well, unfortunately if they end up as cockerels we won’t be able to keep more than 1. I could probably extend the run a bit, ugh should’ve just gone bigger from the start 😂
It's going to be tight. Especially if you have more than one cockerel in the bantam batch.
Any way to double up on your run? I'd extend the end furthest from the coop. You will never regret having more space for the birds.

Back
Top Bottom