ADHD Support Group

I forgot about this thread! :lau 🙈 so glad it’s back though! 🥰🥰🥰
Same here. I forgot too. Let’s get this group back up and running.
I've never been diagnosed; many people throughout my life suggested I get tested but my parents grew up during a time when kids played and entertained themselves outside for hours on end so, they always said I was just "being a kid".
I'm glad it hasn't turned into a zombie 🧟‍♀️ thread! I was having a rough morning and searched in hopes to finding this :)

E200E49A-30B5-4B04-89FC-D9A0050F3F16.jpeg

Here’s one thing I have been doing that gives me some strength to help me with my ADHD. It’s really soothing, and it helps me concentrate. It helps me manage my ADHD and helps me to not be impulsive.

If I’m too impulsive, my paintings trees become flat. I want trees that have depth.

I use the Bob Ross method.

All the people I know who have ADHD (or ADD) seem to like doing artwork, and it seems to help calm them down like you mentioned.

Exactly. People with ADHD like to do things with their hands. In my experience, doing something with your hands really helps out with ADHD.

in my opinion, it works because you’re channeling your thoughts into your hands. When you do this properly, and when you do the right things with your hands to channel that energy from your mind, it helps out the ADHD.

This is my opinion, of course.

Back
Top Bottom