Adopted as chicks, what are breed are these?

mommywoes

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 21, 2011
Bakersfield
Okay so Mother's Day 2010 my bird dog killed the mom to these chicks the day they hatched. My husband and I rushed out and scooped up all of the chicks 13 in all, and brought them into our kitchen. I made a makeshift brooder, and hand raised these little ones until they were old enough to be moved into the coop outside. Then I purchased some hens from the feed store as juveniles that no one wanted because they weren't cute little fluffy chicks anymore. The salesclerk reluctantly took me to their kill coops out back and I selected the ladies I brought home, the only issue was she couldn't tell me what their breeds were either... except one a Danish Leghorn.I would really really appreciate it if you guys could take a look at their photos and tell me what I have.

Thanx so much!
big_smile.png

PS you can leave comments on the photos in my flickr album

Last edited:
#1 - Not sure. Columbian coloration, may be a Wyandotte with off straight comb... with the bad lighting, it could be a Delaware too.
#2 - Turken / turken x ROO.
#3 - Silver Laced Wyandotte ROO
#4 - Not sure... could be a Delaware.
#5 - Turken hen / turken x. Black.
#6 - Probably a mutt.
#7 - Turken or turken X
#8 - Golden comet (red sex link) hen
#9 - Mutt
#10 - Delaware
#11 - Silver Laced Wyandotte, looks to be male.
#12 - Mutt.
#13 - Unsure of breed bantam hen, Turken hen, Millie Fleur D'Uccle rooster
#15 - Mutt
#16 - Don't know about leghorns, but looks to be right.
#17 - mutt.
#18 - mutt...
#19 - turken
#20 - mutt.

Most of the mutts look to be Mediterranean or game crosses to me, with the tail carriage.

It looks like you have a silver laced wyandotte, red sexlink, turken, Mille Fleur D'uccle roo, maybe a delaware?, black sexlink, australorp... that's all I could think of
smile.png

The three white ones look a lot like my Delawares and the black and silver one may be a silver laced wyandotte -- has the right comb for it.

Quote:

Okay wait.. you think I have 3 Roosters
ep.gif
instead of 2?? Only 2 crow the Turken and the Bantam, and some times the leghorn...lol but I've actually seen her lay.

Quote:
He's wild but hangs out around our manure pile every day. And actually his pops was the sperm donor to all of my wild adoptees.

Back
Top Bottom