Zolamarie

Songster
6 Years
Nov 25, 2017
Richmond VA, USA
About a month ago one of my ducks got killed by a fox. Today I finally bought a duck from a farm. I am keeping him separated from my duck, Peggy until I get him checked out by a vet. He is sooo skinny, and scraggly and I think he has Bumblefoot. Also he is really dirty. I tried getting him in the pool, but he didn’t seem to want to get in. I held him in there a minute to get some of the mud off him. He is terrified of me, but today I gave Peggy treats from my hand so he could see, and then slowly showed them to him and tossed them into his enclosure. I also played with Peggy and pet her where he could see so would realize that i’m not a threat. I turned on a small heater which he huddled right up to when he found it. If any of y’all have had any experiences like this, i’d love to hear from you. If you’ve gotten this far, thanks for reading this.
93A4B50C-5121-4DCE-9FB3-718021BC3234.png
F6D35731-7EEF-4C60-A217-3FC1EE75800A.jpeg

Looks like he could be mixed with runner,a fairly skinny breed.He could be older then he looks considering ducks need proper feeding to grow right and grow fast.

Looks like he could be mixed with runner,a fairly skinny breed.He could be older then he looks considering ducks need proper feeding to grow right and grow fast.
Hmm.. maybe. I picked him up to put him in the pool and I could feel the bone in his breast.(keel?) He didn’t seem very interested in the pellet food that I gave him, but ate some scratch grains that I threw around the pool.

Back
Top Bottom