Adopted neighborhood stray chicken

I meant the other hen (that vanished) and the rooster that was hit by a car. If he was on the street, then he was likely walking around the neighborhood too, and may have already passed through/by your yard. So anything he might've had, your flock would have been exposed to it already.
no... I love on the 3rd floor... my chicks are in a big temp coop up here till we move onto my land in a couple months. sorry, I had not clarified that. ;)

no... I love on the 3rd floor... my chicks are in a big temp coop up here till we move onto my land in a couple months. sorry, I had not clarified that. ;)

Ahh ok. Then yes if possible you would want to quarantine her for a few weeks, if possible. If not, she does look pretty healthy, but it's up to you.

Ahh ok. Then yes if possible you would want to quarantine her for a few weeks, if possible. If not, she does look pretty healthy, but it's up to you.
yes, normally I always quarantine anyone coming into the fam... in this situation, it just was not possible to have her farther away from my flock..
:( but they are not in the same enclosure.. I will not do supervised introductions for at least 3 or 4 weeks.. Thanks for letting me know she seems pretty healthy to you. I'm trying to balance inspecting her with not overwhelming her. :)

Really hope it works out! She's a beautiful hen for sure.
thank you... yes she is.. turns out the egg today she laid is definately fertile. I think ill put a few from market in her nest box with any more she lays this week and see if I can get her to go broody.. would love a couple chicks from her.. but we will see. :)

Not easy to make a bird go broody. If you have an incubator, stick a few eggs in the incubator.
actually I do not.. I added 3 eggs from market and she hopped in and started moving and adjusting them. about half hour after one of her eggs was added to the mix... but for the rest of the day she has done her own thing.. will she wait to stay on the nest until there are more eggs?

Back
Top Bottom