Adopted neighborhood stray chicken

Is this girl near your flock? After her quarantine (30 days) and when your flock is old enough (at least 20 weeks), if they can see each other then once you combine them there should be less conflict.

yes, I don't have space to have them far apart right now... but the situation could not be helped... Her droppings look good, and I have looked at her skin and do not see anything... I use food grade DE with my chicks in their bedding and dust bath area.. and used plenty for her too.. I love her so much... she has an opinion about EVERYTHING lol very chatty!!!
Awwww...What a cutie! We would have done the same!
You're doing a good job! I am sure she will be a lovely pet and fit right in soon:love

Hello! There is a situation where family moved out across the street and left their rooster, and 2 hens. I had no idea they had moved out until recently after finding out that the rooster had been hit by a car. I have my 9 of my own chickens that are 13 weeks old. I love animals in general and could not bear the thought of the 2 remaining hens being left to their own devices searching around garbage cans for food. Before I could do anything, one of the hens vanished completely. (I live in Belize.. loose dogs and opossums) The other hen was skittish, but I started feeding corn to her everyday for about a week to get her a little more comfortable with me, while I was searching for where she went to roost each night. Night before last, I found the spot in her old backyard. She was inside a falling over, rusted, and dilapidated coop.
I created a temporary space for her yesterday and quickly captured her yesterday evening.
I've taken some pictures of her eyes, face, feet, and general body. She appears to be a barred rock favorelle cross... Seems fairly healthy considering... she is quite quick and very vocal. :) she surprised me with a very pale tinted egg this morning.
Any feedback would be great as to her condition. Im going slow with her. Giving her electrolytes in her water, healthy food. Adding a bit of garlic and herbs. She has a great appetite and drinks plenty of water.

You had me at “I live in Belize”

Also, I feel you! I couldn’t leave a hen all alone over there either 😊

You had me at “I live in Belize”

Also, I feel you! I couldn’t leave a hen all alone over there either 😊
Belize is great, but does have its challenges... she is just prescious and loves to be cuddled.. I love seeing her learning how to be a chicken... she feels safe enough now to relax.. dust bathe... its been really good.

Attachments

• 20210130_124208_20210130171536530.jpg
    20210130_124208_20210130171536530.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210130_124048_capture(1).jpg
    20210130_124048_capture(1).jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 2
Awwww...What a cutie! We would have done the same!
You're doing a good job! I am sure she will be a lovely pet and fit right in soon:love
shes been great... I have an app called "Flockstar" its fun, but a great way to keep track of who is doing what and when. shes so enthusiastic with her egg laying song.. eack!! lol she like clockwork lays for 2 days, takes 1 day off, lays for 2 days, takes 1 off.. she is nervous when im cleaning, but then snuggles in when I hold her.. falls asleep when I look through her Fluffy feathers..

Back
Top Bottom