ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

These will probably work, but they are about twice the cost of the Ray-O-Vac products.
True. These are the first ones I happened on, there may be less expensive ones at ACE, etc.

And, I guess they are still not much more expensive than a chicken that you've raised and care about.

If you find them anywhere at a reasonable price, let us all know.
Sure, but it sounds as if others have already looked, so I doubt that I will.
hu.gif

No, it was real easy. The instructions come with it. So far it's working great.

Got my external sensor installed.
My door is installed in my secure run, but facing inward. Since I have plastic up on part of the sides to help keep the run dry, it had some effect on the timing of the internal sensor opening and closing.
Yes, it was easy to install
clap.gif
, and has definitely lengthened the time the door is open during this time of early darkness and cloudy skies.

I just have to share this story. Earlier today I went out and changed the battery in the ADOR1 automatic door (it's been 14 months since I installed it). In order to get to the door from the inside, I have to raise up one set of perches (they are on a pivot so I can raise them up and fasten them out of the way for getting access to the poo boards underneath). I went out tonight to count the chickens and to close the outer door to the run and realized that I left half of the perches raised up out of the way. There were 4 girls sitting way up on the perches about 6 feet above the floor! and there were 16 ladies on the other set of perches (designed for 12 chickens) snuggled up nice and close together. It probably doesn't sound nearly as funny as it looked. :lau I should have taken a picture!

I just have to share this story. Earlier today I went out and changed the battery in the ADOR1 automatic door (it's been 14 months since I installed it). In order to get to the door from the inside, I have to raise up one set of perches (they are on a pivot so I can raise them up and fasten them out of the way for getting access to the poo boards underneath). I went out tonight to count the chickens and to close the outer door to the run and realized that I left half of the perches raised up out of the way. There were 4 girls sitting way up on the perches about 6 feet above the floor! and there were 16 ladies on the other set of perches (designed for 12 chickens) snuggled up nice and close together. It probably doesn't sound nearly as funny as it looked.
lau.gif
I should have taken a picture!
LOL! A picture would have been priceless, but I am imagining it.
yippiechickie.gif

I just have to share this story. Earlier today I went out and changed the battery in the ADOR1 automatic door (it's been 14 months since I installed it). In order to get to the door from the inside, I have to raise up one set of perches (they are on a pivot so I can raise them up and fasten them out of the way for getting access to the poo boards underneath). I went out tonight to count the chickens and to close the outer door to the run and realized that I left half of the perches raised up out of the way. There were 4 girls sitting way up on the perches about 6 feet above the floor! and there were 16 ladies on the other set of perches (designed for 12 chickens) snuggled up nice and close together. It probably doesn't sound nearly as funny as it looked.
lau.gif
I should have taken a picture!
No, I can picture it...... that is funny.

I just installed this door and love it. What I also love it how well its made all around. I like that when I have two runs, and I only want the girls to have access to one of them late in the day, I can mount one of these as a run door and it can take the weather on all sides, and needs no house power

Or mount one from the run into the yard, away from the coop. Great.

Thinking about getting one of these ador chicken doors, sounds like most of you really like it with little issues. I now have a solar one that runs on double A's and it was worked great for about a year and a half, just quite on me. Tried replacing the batteries even tho the ones in it where pretty new. Still not working. I got mine at Foys I can't recall the name. If I can't get it going again this ador is looking good!

Back
Top Bottom