ADORABLE Kittens need a home (NC)

Ashmeade

Songster
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
I was going to take in and place some kittens for a friend of mine once they were weaned but something happened to the mother cat so we now have 5 orphan kittens that are ready for homes. They are approx 5 weeks old and now eating on their own (both wet and dry kitten food). Working on getting better pictures but these at least show you what they look like. Two tabby and white, one gold and white and two really pretty calicos. REALLY cute batch of kittens and very sweet.

Free to good homes WITH adoption contract in place agreeing to spay or neuter by or before 6 months old (I have low cost spay/neuter information available). Located in Raleigh/Durham/Burlington NC area...

Please contact if interested or if any additional information is needed.

[email protected] or PM

38440_kitten.jpg

38440_kitten2.jpg

38440_kitten4.jpg

38440_kitten3.jpg

38440_kitten5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your concern. I am not a breeder or commercial seller and am just doing a friend a favor__not to mention these kittens (so they did not end up being destroyed in a shelter, etc.). This post is not to argue at what age to place kittens__their mother is dead at any rate so where they are at this point is not relevant in that they are not being stripped away from their mommy.
hmm.png
roll.png

These guys are eating well and using their litterbox so ready for homes now. They are free to a good home with adoption contract that they will be cared for and spayed or neutered by or before 6 months.

If I could afford a new pet, I would get one from you. We are in the same state afterall. But two dogs, a cat and a few chickens is all we can handle right now. Darn. They are soooooooo...... cute.

Quote:
I had two litters here from wild momma these cats were here when we moved in here.....so just found homes for one litter. Second will be going in a couple weeks at 6 weeks. So I don't need any more cats and too far also but I hope you find them great homes and it is great you are doing a contract. I just wanted to point out that maybe it should be reworded a bit because vets here don't even spay or neuter till 6 months is the youngest....so if that is the case with all vets then they can't have it done by or before.
smile.png

I definitely know what it is like to be "full up at the farm!"
wink.png

Vets here spay / neuter as early as 8-10 weeks, I believe. Either way the agreement is by or before 6 months to hopefully get the owners to be proactive and have this scheduled in hopes that no more unwanted kittens be produced. I do not want to contribute to the "kitten season" and hope to do what I can to "break the chain", so to speak.

These guys are total sweeties though. Anyone definitely feel free to pass this on to anyone that might be interested that could provide a good home.

Thanks!
smile.png

we just took in and rehomed a litter of 5 kittens (yep kitten season is in full swing)

The local spay/neuter clinic will spay/neuter at any age over 8 weeks as long as the animal is at least 2 pounds!

We, too, have five barn kitties to find homes for -- we thought we'd done the 'trap/neuter/spay/release' deal for all of the barn cats last year as we had 9 kittens spayed as well as 5 adults --
Obviously, we didn't 'get 'em all' --
sad.png

Our neighbor's dog is a big ol' goofy guy but he will kill a kitten shaking it like a toy (we lost one that way last year) so we have a 'feline habitat' in our garage --

The little guys are semi-long haired black-and-white babies --

We live in NC and would love to find good homes for these cuties --

Just got in from Costco after buying 4 cases of canned cat food --- and we wonder where our money goes -- acck!

The newspaper is filled with 'free kittens' advertisements --

The feral cat chain never, ever ends -- we do what we can -- sigh.

Tis the "kitten season" for sure!
sad.png

So far no one has solidly responded wanting one though I have had some interest expressed from my ads.

I wish more people would spay or neuter their pets!

hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom