adult roosters - what are they?! BONUS: LOLROOSTER

MetalSmitten

Songster
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
bloomington, indiana
Okay, so, last year, I bought chicks at TSC and now they're all grown up. I know I have Buff Orpington hens, Red Sex Link hens, and... Mystery-Black-Somethings. The mystery blacks I got straight run, the chicks were identical (no dots on heads) and ended up being half and half, 3 hens and 3 roos. The hens have white leakage, unlike most black sex links which have red leakage. I have no clue what they are. Any guesses?
big_smile.png

Timmy and his harem:
53903_timmyharem.jpg

And then they hatched out some kids last year, who are also now full grown. Any guesses as to who the mom is for these two roos?

There's this one:
53903_timmyskid.jpg

And then this one, who is veeery pretty, a beautiful copper color (much brighter than the dull red of the Sex Link hens). He has white legs so we think he's probably a Buff mix, but could this color result from the black and the buff?
53903_brownie.jpg

And here's Timmy doing a LOLchicken.
53903_timmylol.jpg

big_smile.png

Last edited:
I love your LOLchicken!! Seriously LOLed at it
smile.png

Not sure about your striking copper fella, but your whitish roo looks like a couple I had as a kid that were hatched by red sex-links...

Quote:
don't let the photo fool ya, he's actually a pretty sweet roo, hehe.

i was wondering if the white one was from the reds... thanks for the opinion
smile.png
it just kinda blew my mind that we got different colors at all, i was expecting all babies to be black. (we also got a pure black pullet and a pure red pullet from that hatch, like cleaned up versions of their mothers.)

Back
Top Bottom