Adventures in Incubating Shipped Eggs

Pics
I'm not sure Tiny will make it. It keeps breathing with its beak open, but isn't overheated. It can't walk, though it can move around - scooting on its butt, and swimming with its wings. It doesn't appear to be spraddle-leg, since they're not splayed to the sides - they stick out in front of it, instead, and it kicks vigorously while scooting around. I'm putting it into a saki cup for a couple minutes at a time every so often, to get it to try and stand upright. I'm making sure it gets water into it, with ACV, vitamins and electrolytes in the water, and there's a pile of food it can eat from since it can't reach over the side of the one-inch high jar lid I grabbed for a baby-Serama food dish. It's eating with a good appetite. The other two seem to be doing fine. Sorry for the bad photo, but I'm trying to disturb them as little as possible.

View attachment 1399144
Poor little Tiny! I think it is very encouraging that the chick is eating with a good appetite. I've heard the cup is a good idea. I've also heard of putting a little chick in a sock, if it can't stand, so long as it doesn't get over heated. I'm sure the vitamins are a good idea. You are taking good care of Tiny.

A few days might make a huge difference. Hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom