Adventures in Incubating Shipped Eggs

Pics
Sorry, I've been absent. From what I've seen, if it doesn't develop properly, they usually fail to hatch. If they do hatch, they are usually very sticky from the goo that didn't get absorbed into the network. I think only being on day 10 (or they were at the time) there is still time for it to fill in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorioallantoic_membrane

How are they looking now?

Glad Tiny is improving. Don't forget about the possibility of lethal genes in seramas.

Both eggs.

I swear, the one with the poor CAM development moves the most. Also, I see limbs and can make them out really well. So cute.

8 days left until hatch day.

Attachments

• 20180522_094845.jpg
    20180522_094845.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180522_094715.jpg
    20180522_094715.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 19
Group photo, blurry due to a crappy camera, but it shows what's important (Excuse the goop on #3's head - it had a little blood on it from hatching, and I don't want to try and soak it off. It's coming off on its own, and the other two don't bother it.) Tiny's running around, coming off the heat pad to eat and drink, falling over and getting back up to run around again. Just like a two-day-old chick should. It's a little stiff on its legs, but they're working! The photo doesn't show it well enough, but it has white eyebrows.

I just weighed.
#1 (Yellow chick in the middle) is 20 grams.
#2 (Tiny, on the right) is 13 grams.
#3 (White chick on the left) is 21 grams.

View attachment 1400047
Yayy!! Look at Tiny, standing tall. :clap

Both eggs.

I swear, the one with the poor CAM development moves the most. Also, I see limbs and can make them out really well. So cute.

8 days left until hatch day.
Grow, wiggly chicks! :D I think I have nine days left until hatch. Are you counting the day you set the eggs as Day Zero, or Day One?

-Cerise

Back
Top Bottom