Adventures Staying at Home...

How has the self quarantine effected you?

• Dramatically

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A little

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not much

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I wish I’d hoarded all the rum

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Pics
WOW!
The only thing I can keep blooming some mild winters are pansies.
Where are you?

I'm in San Diego, CA.

Good job with keeping the pansies alive. When I buy pansies its pretty much a death sentence for them. You can practically hear them screaming, "Noooo! Take the Marigolds." When I put them in my wagon. Poor things. I have an unpredictable greenish-black thumb. :oops:

I'm in San Diego, CA.

Good job with keeping the pansies alive. When I buy pansies its pretty much a death sentence for them. You can practically hear them screaming, "Noooo! Take the Marigolds." When I put them in my wagon. Poor things. I have an unpredictable greenish-black thumb. :oops:
Pansies hate heat. They usually start dying by the end of April here or May if it has been mild. Definitely done by June.
They love cold and become 'pansies' when it heats up.
I usually get them in the early fall hoping they will make it till spring.
I've overwintered spinach and some lettuces, sometimes if heavily mulched but when it happens, it is great when the freeze leaves.

Last edited:
Pansies hate heat. They usually start dying by the end of April here or May if it has been mild. Definitely done by June.
They love cold and become 'pansies' when it heats up.
I usually get them in the early fall hoping they will make it till spring.
I've overwintered spinach and some lettuces, sometimes if heavily mulched but when it happens, it is great when the freeze leaves.

Oh good. I'm glad its not me killing them.

We’ve got a chilly breeze today, but we can usually keep the Blackeyed Susan’s going all year.

It’s a perfect day for some soup & a Sherlock marathon. :wee What are you guys up to today?

As Bob Ross might say, those are happy flowers under a happy sky! Thanks for sharing!

After watching 10 videos, reading 2 articles, and several moments of supreme frustration and near-defeat, I taught myself how to fold a fitted sheet like an adult! Hopefully I will remember this feat of origami next time one is up for a fold! 😬
PhotoGrid_1585285238844.jpg

Attachments

• 20200325_014821.jpg
    20200325_014821.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 3
As Bob Ross might say, those are happy flowers under a happy sky! Thanks for sharing!

After watching 10 videos, reading 2 articles, and several moments of supreme frustration and near-defeat, I taught myself how to fold a fitted sheet like an adult! Hopefully I will remember this feat of origami next time one is up for a fold! 😬
View attachment 2063809

WOW! :eek:You must be some sort of sorceress to do that.

View attachment 2063809
I gave up and bought all flat sheets... :oops: and all the same color so I dont even have to match them. I live alone so no one to care. Two beds in case I have company both Queens.

deb

Well after a month of back pain I finally couldnt get out of bed without taking four tylenol. I finally went to the Chiropractor last week. Took me a week to recover from the adjustment. But Now I can function carefully.

We're going bat crazy here. Sons work is closed indefinately thankfully they are paying their work force as if they were there. Not used to having someone around all the time. Hopefully we can get the little trailer hitched to the truck today. I want to park it at moms house.

This way I can retrieve my horse trailer from The feed store and bring it home. A quick cleaning and I will figure a way to start loading it with totes to take home. Horse trailer will get loaded with containers that wont need to be opened till I am ready. Its lockable too

deb

Back
Top Bottom