Adventures Staying at Home...

How has the self quarantine effected you?

• Dramatically

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A little

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not much

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I wish I’d hoarded all the rum

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
more deadly with drawal than from Heroin. A certain amount of alchahol in their systm is essential.
Yep, it's sure death if they don't get their alcohol or withdraw very slowly.
functional alcoholics My dad was one. Mom is one though she quit drinking when I was in High school. I am one sad to say I quit when I had cancer and for about two years after. not happy to admit but I went into abstinence recently. um that I had to quit again.

deb
Alcohol is so available and is easy to use to self medicate. Everyone needs something to turn to when it comes to coping with lifes stresses. Each person has their go-to "thing" in life, we do what we need to do to survive. Sorry you have had to deal with cancer! :hugs

I have heard they are keeping the liquor stores open for a couple of reasons. 1, alcoholics can die and they don't want them flooding hospitals and 2, alcohol does keep some people calm. I guess booze is essential then? :idunno
Alcohol is also the main ingredient in hand sanitiser, so technically speaking if you drink enough surely you're sanitising your body from the inside out :confused:

IMG-20200324-WA0000.jpg

Something about our fence line makes people want to pull over to urinate, barf, toss baby diapers, or let their dogs out to crap. :mad:
My house faces a busy 2 lane blacktop road in my suburb. I have to go out every morning and pick up everyone's crap they seem to think I want in my yard than in their trashcan.
Everything from McDonalds and other fast food bags with all the trimmings, liquor bottles, soda and beer cans, dirty Kleenexes, lottery tickets, sometimes even a tire and wheel.
People are so trashy. I was outside once when someone threw their bag of fast food trash into my yard. I picked it up, jumped in the car and caught up with him at the stop light at the end of the street. He looked shocked when I walked up to his car and handed it to him. I said, "I don't know what makes you think I want to throw your trash away but I don't. Keep it in your car till you get home and put it in your own trash can."
@room onthebroom, what are you gonna make for dinner tonight?
For a change of pace, we had grilled ham and cheese sandwiches which is rare since we rarely eat bread.
Stores are decimated around here. We are always ready for emergencies and are well stocked but still, shopping is creepy around here with isles of empty shelves. :hmm
I went out for a short drive late last night. It was creepy with all the empty roads.
We usually stay well stocked on essentials and food but we now have what I call an embarrassment of excesses. We have so much food right now that I've been trying to give away. We had just made a big pot of beef stew and a big pot of corned beef and cabbage. Then the restaurants where my son and daughter work closed 5 of their remaining 7 kitchens when carry out sales were insufficient to keep them open. My daughter had already lost her job over a week ago when bars and dining rooms closed. On Sunday, my son called to see if I wanted some produce of the chickens. He brought over 7 cases. A full case each of tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, English cucumbers, another big box of carrots, broccoli, green onions, parsnips and spinach. Another box of meat and cheese. (roast beef, turkey, ham, salami, gouda)
My wife didn't want it because we were already stocked up. I started calling friends to give it away and was somewhat successful. I called every food pantry within 30 minutes of the house and they were all closed. Apparently most are only open 2 days a week. I'm going to try again today to see if any want fresh produce. After that, I'll continue chopping it up for the chickens.
Tonight was Paleo pumpkin pancakes with chopped pecans and of course, topped with real maple syrup made by a guy in Friendsville PA. I got to use up 5 eggs in the recipe. Only 77 eggs to go! Until tomorrow...
Sounds great. We love paleo pancakes. Do you use almond butter with the eggs?
I do have a lemonade story...
I want to upgrade my drivers license to an enhanced and I can't find my birth certificate (big surprise there). So I ordered a new copy. It won't arrive for about another 2-3 weeks. My license expired last week on my birthday.
The DMV has the following alert posted to their website:
ALERT: All Licenses, Non Driver ID's, and Registrations with an expiration date of March 1, 2020 or later will be extended. :D
We were already extended to September for Real ID. They announced yesterday that will be extended a few more months.
I just hope I can find my military discharge papers before I get mine so my veteran status can go on the license. Then I get all those discounts. I already registered my status at Lowes's (problem is they closed the store by my house). I just had to buy a new battery for my truck. My son drove me to Advance and he mentioned a sign on the door offering 10% veterans discount. I mentioned it at the counter and got $14 off. I had just spent $1000 for repairs, inspection and license, but at least I'm legal now.

Last edited:
Alcohol is so available and is easy to use to self medicate. Everyone needs something to turn to when it comes to coping with lifes stresses. Each person has their go-to "thing" in life, we do what we need to do to survive. Sorry you have had to deal with cancer!

Thank you. I learned alot of life lessons during that time. I am cancer free and am moving forward from that point. little hurdle at a time.

deb

Thank you. I learned alot of life lessons during that time. I am cancer free and am moving forward from that point. little hurdle at a time.

deb
Yes I would imagine it changed your life forever, how you think, approach life and all. I am so glad to hear you are cancer free!! :hugs

Keeping busy... We are packing my Grandmas house... She passed in August of last year at 103. We were living with her to help keep her in her own home.

So Now its time for me to pack up and go to my own home. And my son is packing up grandmas things for either good will or sharing with family. Then he will decide if he wants to actually live here or sell the place and move north like hes always wanted to.

But for now Packing and Planning.

I need coffee. Oh wait I quit drinking coffee. I need Green tea with almond milk.

deb

Back
Top Bottom