advice for sick duckling?

swarm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
I have a sick duckling, approximately 6 weeks old, that has been laying down and having trouble walking.
It keeps its feet folded and has what appears to be a bruise on its beak, and I noticed that it has a sore on the underside.

I noticed this last night, and since then I have separated it and given it a heat lamp and its own food and water and a dry towel to lay on. It seems to have improved since yesterday, but I am wondering if anyone knows what else I can do to help it.

the brooder it was in with other ducks is a stock tank with rice hulls. it has been fed un-medicated chick feed. they had rags over the bedding when younger so they would not eat it.

the brooder it was in with other ducks is a stock tank with rice hulls.  it has been fed un-medicated chick feed.  they had rags over the bedding when younger so they would not eat it. 

Any niacin or time outside?...Too me it's starving looking and I am not being mean...:(..It really looks hungry..:(...Do you have feed and water out 24 hours a day?..Water to dunk their heads?

she has food and water it can reach right now and was eating last time i saw her. i have brewers yeast. i thought the food we where giving them was ok without it. we gave them supplements in water. they have spent time outside. i am worried the time outside could have been when she got hurt though. all the other ducks seem happy. we think she was not able to get food when she was with them though. she was very hungry when we separated her but now seems to be eating and drinking normally. we spent all day on phone trying to find a veterinarian who could help us today.

she has had access to water. it is possible when with the other ducks she was restricted from getting to her food and water. we have made sure they have all had water to dunk heads in.

Back
Top Bottom