Advice/help requested - 8x8 shed to coop conversion

Pics
WooHoo move in day!!

BTDT...not the cockbird, but other birds, until they figure out were the mesh is...
.... it is kinda hard to see. They'll figure it out.

It almost never ends.

You know that mesh on the run roof is not going to withstand much if any snow load, got any upgrade plans??

You might need some higher fronts on the nests.

What do you have for ventilation?

I need to add the window :oops: I'm seriously planning on doing that tomorrow! I cut the door out so my fear of cutting holes into the shed side is over! :lol: My fiancée was very skeptical about that, until he saw it all put together and the doors closed he said "Wow it is really dark in there." See I know what I'm talking about sometimes! :p I also saw some DIYs where you cut horizontal "strips" and add HC over, and can add the board with hinges back over top to close if needed. So that could be another possibility...

We will watch and see what happens with the mesh... We left some slack for snow load, and have a 10' pole to put in the center when needed. We didn't have any trouble last year with our blizzard, and from having the pheasants a few years back, boy do we know how bad it can get sometimes... I also have extra netting in case we run into any hole troubles. I originally wanted an actual roof, but it just wasn't in the budget. So we're playing it by ear.

The nest box was pretty much my arch nemesis this entire time :he:lol: The back isn't flush, so flakes will very likely be falling out, so I may fix it up at some point.

Back
Top Bottom