Advice needed to CHANGE the stupid law!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by CottageChicken22, Sep 17, 2008.

1. CottageChicken22

CottageChicken22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    You may have heard that it’s against the law to keep chickens in my area. I’m writing a letter to my county to change it (That’s right, the county, Unfortunately, I don’t live in a city. All cities in this area allow them:cd!) I wrote all the reasons why I should be able to have them. Hopefully, they’ll change the law. But, if they don’t change it, what could I do?? [​IMG] Thanks so much. Any advice for legalizing chickens is welcome. I’ll keep you updated on this subject. I really want chickens.

2. CottageChicken22

Sep 17, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    not meaning to be rude, but, anyone??

3. CHICKEN little 1

CHICKEN little 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    W.V.
    You might start by dropping by your County Agriculture Extention Service,with you questions maybe they can give you some answers of why,and ,or ideas on how to change it. [​IMG] Good Luck!

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    The other thing you can do is get some of the ordinances of places around you that allow chickens. You need to prepare for just about any question they are going to ask so they dont have a real reason to deny you. And if they do, keep fighting, dont give up!!

5. CottageChicken22

Sep 17, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    thanks guys! BYC is SO helpful [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by