advice needed

egg girl

Hatching
Dec 21, 2017
We brought an injured chicken in our house to try to help it recoup and now I am getting little reds itchy bumps on my body. I noticed a few small black bugs on my so I immediately jumped in the shower.

The chicken is back out side, but does anyone know how I can take care of this problem?

I am hoping that I don't have a house full of bugs now :tongue

I'd be more worried about the environment the chickens are living in. The chickens are full of mites and so is the area they live in. Might be the reason you chicken is doing poorly. You shouldn't have a problem in your home now that the hen is out of the house. You can treat the area of the house the hen was located with any type of insect spray.

I'd be more worried about the environment the chickens are living in. The chickens are full of mites and so is the area they live in. Might be the reason you chicken is doing poorly. You shouldn't have a problem in your home now that the hen is out of the house. You can treat the area of the house the hen was located with any type of insect spray.
What can I use to treat them? The injured bird was attacked by as dog :(

How many birds do you have? You can dust them with Sevin or Prozap. Get that powder into all the corners.... clean the coop first, dust everything. Then do it again two weeks later.

Good suggestions above and from what I understand, poultry mites may bite humans but they will not stay on you or infest your home. They're not pleasant but fortunately they're only interested in poultry. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom