advice needed .

welcome-byc.gif

Sure that is big enough. The height of your roost can be from 5'' to 24'' or higher if your birds like to go higher. I usually never go higher thatn 24'' at a shot.

Wish you the best.

i made them a dust bath as you can see on the last picture.
i painted and polished every wood.
the roof is made of metal but i insulated from the rain using a special roof polymer plastic (red colour) and i insulated fro radiant heat using 4 cm thick fibram roof insulator under the metal (i painted it brown to look nice)

chick charm .thank you so much for the info. i followed your advice and made a roost for the coop area that is 15 cm high and 1,2 meters long (i had a roost in their run area ) i varnished and polished the roost last night and i will place it in the coop this morning when the rain stops(hope the varnish has dried out by now.) cant wait to get my new feathered friends but i need another month or so untill hens start incubating . it was really hard for me to find gold brahmas in greece (everyone seems to prefare the white ones) ,i coud get white brahmas for free from a friend but my heart is set on the gold ones. i managed to find a wild animal farm 300 km away from where i live that has gold brahmas and they will send me young chicks by courier when their hens have young they cost around 30-35 euros for each bird

Back
Top Bottom