Advice on a good incubator

shan04

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
I made my own incubator with a cooler and it was working great my hatch rate was 80% average but since we've moved no matter what I do I can't get the temp to regulate anymore so I've decided to buy one. I'm wanting one that will do at around 50 eggs. I found this one and was wondering if anyone's ever bought it and liked it. Or what other one you've bought and really loved. I don't have more than $200ish to spend. Thank you

Looks like a knock off RCom, I think... don't think I've heard much good about them... try incubatorwarehouse.com and look up the Genesis 1588 Hovabator... with a turner it runs within your price range, and even though it's a styro, they're really very good...

Ok thank you. That's what I'm worried about with a Styrofoam one. The one I made out of Styrofoam just can't hold a steady temp. It use to in our old house but it took me awhile to find the perfect place the temp would stay right at 99. Our current home I've tried everywhere and no luck.

The best incubator out there is a broody hen.
The best Broody out there can't sit on 50 eggs and get an 80% hatch rate.
The poster needs either a very LARGE Supersized Broody hen that can handle 50 eggs or they will have to go with a machine to do it for them.

A good broody hen is great though. If I had a broody I would go with a broody.
Caroline

Since you already have experience building one...
Why not build another? Maybe A Better insulated one?
These ones you buy can vary in temp too ..when in a room with up and down temps.

I use that incubator and have a separate hatcher. I paid $100 shipped for it. The one thing I can say is if you're doing large eggs, don't get it. I don't know if it's the spacing of the turners or the angle they turn to but I can only put my larger eggs on the two outside rows. It's not a huge issue since I mainly hatch bantams and guineas which fit fine.

I did drill ventilation holes in the top and I keep it in the packing Styrofoam to help it run a bit more efficiently.

Other downside is that it had a power button so even a 2 second power outage means it turns off and won't turn back on until you hit the power button.

Back
Top Bottom