Advice on duck egg not internally pipped

So I went ahead and assisted and the baby is out. She was positioned really weird with both legs up around her head and head down between her thighs. She seems to be doing good except her stomach still has a very small opening where the yolk was absorbed. I put a little neosporin on it and trying to keep her quiet until it closes.

So I went ahead and assisted and the baby is out. She was positioned really weird with both legs up around her head and head down between her thighs. She seems to be doing good except her stomach still has a very small opening where the yolk was absorbed. I put a little neosporin on it and trying to keep her quiet until it closes.
Awesome
Can’t wait to see pictures

Here is the baby. The hole has still not closed but does look like it is starting to scab over. She is very active and eating and drinking now. I have her by herself for now but we are taking shifts holding her and being with her until she can go in with the others. She is a Swedish blue and mallard mix.

Attachments

• 748C0CD0-2FBD-48F9-8431-5CF17327E4BF.jpeg
    748C0CD0-2FBD-48F9-8431-5CF17327E4BF.jpeg
    475.1 KB · Views: 3
Here is the baby. The hole has still not closed but does look like it is starting to scab over. She is very active and eating and drinking now. I have her by herself for now but we are taking shifts holding her and being with her until she can go in with the others. She is a Swedish blue and mallard mix.
She is beautiful
Thanks for sharing pictures

Back
Top Bottom