Advice on hurt turkey

svendela

Hatching
Jun 1, 2016
I have a bronze turkey that my horse stepped on. He's about a month old. I had him in a container on my deck with food and water and sometime over the day he got out and was out with the rest of the birds but he can't walk or stand and is just lying on his side. Also seems that he doesn't have control of his bowls? Sounds weird but his back end seems like he has no control over it he's constantly pooping like he can't control it.

The best thing is to see how it goes. I usually give them about a week, if you haven't seen any improvement in that time, it's best to cull, unless it's appears to be suffering, than I wouldn't wait.

I'm going to recommend two things, first it seems like this one maybe lost, I know that's not fun especially since I just lost my companion a BBB hen that would sit on my lap and watch T.V. and mother me when I was sick but it doesn't sound good to me.

Second I am going to suggest at device that I just got for me and the family it does work on birds and even horses http://thelaserlift.com/ ask for the 635nm red professional laser. You can get the veterinary laser but they all work. It helps with pain and muscle problems it might just help your little guy with his pooping issues if you don't cull and it'll help with anything you might have too

Back
Top Bottom