Advice on incubation in weather that is naturally 75% humidity

chinaboi

Hatching
Apr 7, 2017
hey everyone,

this is my second attempt at incubation home grown eggs. used a janoel12 first time now am trying magically still air, as i thought the automatic turning in the jangle might have beeb my downfall as a had zero success. now for starters i live in trinidad so, currently the humidity is reading 75% it is also very hot easily 30 degrees at times (celsius).

so mainly I'm wondering if there is way to lower humidity as i know usually people need to raise there humidity but mine needs to be lower.

also i called eggs yesterday after a week of incubation and i saw veins and stuff in about 6 of them tossed a few that seemed duds.
and i also have separate thermometer/hydrometer for better accuracy.

(first attempt was a mix of duck and chicken attempts this second attempt is only duck eggs.

hey everyone,

this is my second attempt at incubation home grown eggs. used a janoel12 first time now am trying magically still air, as i thought the automatic turning in the jangle might have beeb my downfall as a had zero success. now for starters i live in trinidad so, currently the humidity is reading 75% it is also very hot easily 30 degrees at times (celsius).

so mainly I'm wondering if there is way to lower humidity as i know usually people need to raise there humidity but mine needs to be lower.

also i called eggs yesterday after a week of incubation and i saw veins and stuff in about 6 of them tossed a few that seemed duds.

(first attempt was a mix of duck and chicken attempts this second attempt is only duck eggs.

Outside temp of 30 C should be no problem if the thermostat in the incubator is working correctly. Turning eggs is never a downfall if so I would have been in serious trouble with the 1000's I have hatched. Sure some rather turn my hand----that's their call---I had rather use a turner and I have real high hatch %.
If your humidity IS 75%---you for sure need to lower it for the incubation period. Lowering the humidity is no problem----if you got a dehumidifier---put the incubator in a room with the dehumidifier and dry it as low as you want. Good Luck

hey everyone,

There are ways to reduce humidity if reducing humidity in a whole room is out of the question (cost). Some people have used rice or baking soda inside the incubator which assists in bringing the humidity down but it has to be replaced frequently.

If you like to build things then its possible to make a dehumidifier for the incubator but it requires pipes to remove some of the air for dehumidifying then returning the air. In a large cabinet that's not to much of a problem but on a janoel12 it probably wouldn't work. You might be able to put the janoel12 inside a larger box and place a small peltier based bathroom dehumidifier inside the same box.

ok thanks will try rice for right now but just to be clear humidity in the seventies won't work at all.

also i meant that i think the turning mechanism inside the janoel seems to be defective the temperature also wasn't very steady.

Back
Top Bottom