advice on what to do

fowlmamma

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
northeastern pa
i have 2 chickens for sale on CL. a man that lives more than 2 hours away wants them but a man about an hour away wants to come tomorrow for them. also the man that very far wants me to meet him out of the way . is it ok to sell them to who can first come ? i always feel bad i want to make everyone happy but i only have this pair to bad i didnt have more german spitzhaubens.

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
12 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Obviously, it's fair to sell them to the man who asked first.
wink.png
If he called first and told you he wanted them, and then another man called and said he wants them, you obviously don't go with the second person unless the first person decides he doesn't want them anymore. Then it's OK to go with the second person who called and told you he wanted them.

It's like if you go and buy a puppy, and you pick out one that you want. But since the puppies are still really young, the person selling them wants to keep them for a little while longer to let them grow up more. Then, say you go to pick up your puppy when it's time to, but when you get there, the person who is selling them explains to you that someone else wanted the puppy that you called FIRST about and they already bought it. Would you see that as fair? No.
smile.png

So, go with the first man who called. As long as he still wants them, he called first and it's just fair to give them to him rather than the man who called later on, whether he's closer to drive to or not. And since you want both to be happy, what I would do is give them to the man who called first and ask the second man if he wants to wait until you have some more available (if you think you ever will). That way, if you are planning on selling some more, he will know to call you and let you know that he wants some when you have some available. At least that's what I would do.

Good luck!

Soaring Chicks

Soaring Hawks Farm
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Henderson,NC
I would sell to first come first served. Or first to pay. You would lose money by going to meet the guy far away. With gas prices I would sell to the guy that will come pick them up. Either way I hope it works out for you.

Cindiloohoo

Quiet as a Church Mouse
11 Years
Dec 19, 2009
Southwest TN
First come first served. I wouldn't agree to meet anyone out of the way from Craigslist either. It's too risky. That being said...go with your gut. I'd sell to the first who shows with the money on MY terms, not theirs. I always state that on my ads as well.

fowlmamma

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
northeastern pa
Quote:
thanks all for advice i just sold them to the guy that came first .he met at church this morning nice public safe place. people were a little crazy but we all have our day days they got super lost . but i didnt even hear back from the other guy so im glad i sold them thanks again.

Top Bottom