Advice please! Maybe crop issue?

I would push fluids since it's so hot.
A little wet feed may be good too if she's not eaten all day.

Hopefully the crop will be empty in the morning.

I'll do that! It may have to wait till morning though.. we are having tornado weather right now. We put her in a safe place in coop so others won't be mean to her. First thing I'll check on her and give her some wet food. Thank you!!

Everyone is safe and sound!

Ok this morning her crop was a bit bloated again, i let her out to get grit and some wet food (gave her a tiny piece of watermelon too) She was eating and drinking ok as far as it looked normal.
The only thing was that when i put her down after picking her up, she was kinda stretching her neck and moving her head in a circle motion... kinda like she was trying to clear her throat.

I'm bummed as it looked like she got it cleared some last night and now i feel we're getting back to square one.
I'm going to find my kid med syringes (have blunt end) and force water this afternoon. I think since it's so hot she's drinking tons and stiring it even with the obstruction and making it worse. Then again I'm a newbie so I'm gonna try everything out here....

this morning her crop was a bit bloated again, i let her out to get grit and some wet food (gave her a tiny piece of watermelon too) She was eating and drinking ok as far as it looked normal.
The only thing was that when i put her down after picking her up, she was kinda stretching her neck and moving her head in a circle motion... kinda like she was trying to clear her throat.
I'm going to find my kid med syringes (have blunt end) and force water this afternoon. I think since it's so hot she's drinking tons and stiring it even with the obstruction and making it worse.
If she's drinking fine on her own, I would not tube/syringe fluids into her.
Did you ever give her any coconut oil and massage the crop to see if you feel anything hard in there?https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

If she's drinking fine on her own, I would not tube/syringe fluids into her.
Did you ever give her any coconut oil and massage the crop to see if you feel anything hard in there?https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Ok I didn't see that bottom part with crop bra! I think i need to make one. Her front drags towards ground. It's also looking like sour crop so going to get oil, yeast meds, and elastic for this poor girl!
@Wyorp Rock thank you for all this help! You're awesome!!

Ok I didn't see that bottom part with crop bra! I think i need to make one. Her front drags towards ground. It's also looking like sour crop so going to get oil, yeast meds, and elastic for this poor girl!
@Wyorp Rock thank you for all this help! You're awesome!!
A crop bra might be helpful, but she's awfully young to have to have one of those! Usually a bra if for older hens that the crop has stretch out.

I would make sure she's drinking. Get the oil into her, massage well. See how it is in the morning. If the breath is stinky, then use the yeast medication, it does need to be given for the full 7 days even if she gets better.

Yeast is so easy to fix but such a booger if you skip even one day on meds... at least with humans.. so I'll definitely keep on top of it if needed. Got oil in her tonight and rigged her pen so she's not eating anything else till morning so i can check her breathe better. I made sure she has a ton of clean water too for the night.

Back
Top Bottom