Advice re harching peafowl eggs

Caoimhe3210

In the Brooder
May 25, 2020
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on how to best hatch peafowl eggs. I've never done it before and really want to get it right or the best I can they'll be arriving in the next week or so, so I want to be as prepared as I can be. Thanks in advance

That is a big subject, one that has had many conversations here from many experienced hatchers. I have lots of suggestions but you should look at the list of 'stickies' at the top of the Peafowl page to get some background on peafowl eggs, they are much different to hatch than other birds. The biggest problem you are going to face right off the bat is that shipped eggs are notorious for not starting because of the rough handling of the Post Awful.

That is a big subject, one that has had many conversations here from many experienced hatchers. I have lots of suggestions but you should look at the list of 'stickies' at the top of the Peafowl page to get some background on peafowl eggs, they are much different to hatch than other birds. The biggest problem you are going to face right off the bat is that shipped eggs are notorious for not starting because of the rough handling of the Post Awful.
Oh great thank you, I was planning on getting them shipped but I'll collect them myself now. Thanks for the information 🙂

What I have found to work best is 55%-60% humidity and 100.00 degrees fahrenheit temperature. Invest in an automatic egg turner if your incubator doesn't come with one.
Thank you I do have an automatic turner I'm reading on some sites I should turn them twice a day and others 4 times a day

They're only in the incubator 4 days so I'll candle them on day 10 and fingers crossed there birds inside 😊 I'll keep you updated 👍

Back
Top Bottom