advise please

suzie2784

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone,
it's our first attempt at hatching, five of the six eggs are showing signs of life when candled so very happy!
my question is do I leave the eggs placed as they are come day 18 in lockdown, or am I to put a non-slip mat down and lay them on their side?

Attachments

• 20210621_192855.jpg
    20210621_192855.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 12
Leave them on their side and put a non-slip mat down when you do this they move into place themselves to get ready to hatch. ☺️

Leave them on their side and put a non-slip mat down when you do this they move into place themselves to get ready to hatch. ☺️
thank you for replying :)
im assuming i just take the eggs out and cut the mat to size and pop it in over the inserts (the inner doesnt come out on my incubator) then lay them on thier side at day 18? sorry if sounding stupid but its the first time ive done this

Believe me you do not sound stupid at all you should have saw me the first time I hatched my first bunch of little chickies. When you put the mat on there I think it'll be sturdy just check it and see there's no indents going in I don't think there's a problem. And what I'll do just for fun I'll put them in straight rose, and you can see in the next day's they're all moved around because there getting in position to get ready to hatch it's kind of cool.☺️

Believe me you do not sound stupid at all you should have saw me the first time I hatched my first bunch of little chickies. When you put the mat on there I think it'll be sturdy just check it and see there's no indents going in I don't think there's a problem. And what I'll do just for fun I'll put them in straight rose, and you can see in the next day's they're all moved around because there getting in position to get ready to hatch it's kind of cool.☺️
ah thank you for your help!
the kids and myself are super excited, i candled them last night and we could see movement and a heart beat in one, its just fascinating to see how they come along so quickly!

ah thank you for your help!
the kids and myself are super excited, i candled them last night and we could see movement and a heart beat in one, its just fascinating to see how they come along so quickly!

The kids will be so excited to see them haching. Good luck. I would love to see baby chick pictures. And I'm here if you have any more questions.☺️

The kids will be so excited to see them haching. Good luck. I would love to see baby chick pictures. And I'm here if you have any more questions.☺️
thank you so much, i appreciate it!
i will post pictures when they hatch, 21 days is 1st july :) (fingers crossed all goes well, im a little nervous lol)

My first hach I had my face plastered to the incubator. 😂
Hi, so we ended up with 4 eggs as one was infertile i believe and one ended up with blood ring.
x3 have hatched, one at 9pm yesterday and the other 2 sometime during the night :)
other egg still in incubator, no sign of pipping but just candled and is moving so hoping just a little late?
sorry about the bad picture lol they are all under the brooder now but will get some more pics when i can.
im not sure on the breed as i had 6 mixed eggs lol but one is all black feet and beek too, others look black/grey/beige!

Attachments

• 20210702_070946.jpg
    20210702_070946.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom