Aflac is dieing

Do you have records from the vet? How is the injury described in clinical notation if so? I have found a few case studies on tracheal injuries and there appear to be treatment options. Of course, knowing nothing about your duckie makes it impossible to guess but it may be helpful to keep in mind that similar conditions have been treated and maybe if you find the right vet they can help you! He will probably need surgery and that can get expensive, but sometimes no cost is too high for our precious little ones. Keep us posted okay?

042EEACC-A9C5-4E1B-A42C-71C0C6A56D04.jpeg
780DEBE4-E1B0-4235-B692-A2836F88A7DC.jpeg
BDAE6A4C-2584-4695-B802-54FEB3CEC819.jpeg
042EEACC-A9C5-4E1B-A42C-71C0C6A56D04.jpeg
No but now I found mites on him poor guy the vet said the X-ray showed it was an air sak he wished it was good in his crop at least he could do something about it but apparently he has a hole in his trachea
I'm so sorry, I do not know.

Was the vet you saw an avian vet?

@casportpony or @Eggcessive may know more about this than I do.
yes

I’m so sorry about this. I have no information to give or anything to help you, but if an avian vet says he will die soon... I’d just make sure to be there for him until he passes. Life is cruel, I lost my beloved Cayuga last fall to a terrible unexpected accident, but I stayed with her until her last breath. I’m sure Aflac would want nothing more than to spend their last moments with you

Poor lad. :( There are surgeries that can fix holes in the trachea if you can find a vet who will be willing to try. Please contact an avian vet if you are still wanting to try and save him. As for mites, poultry dust will help! Here is a link to a bigtime serious trachea surgery on a mallard that saved him:
http://vetmed.illinois.edu/mmitch/pdf/mallarxd.pdf
Cases like this one give me hope for Aflac! <3

Poor lad. :( There are surgeries that can fix holes in the trachea if you can find a vet who will be willing to try. Please contact an avian vet if you are still wanting to try and save him. As for mites, poultry dust will help! Here is a link to a bigtime serious trachea surgery on a mallard that saved him:
http://vetmed.illinois.edu/mmitch/pdf/mallarxd.pdf
Cases like this one give me hope for Aflac! <3
Seriously thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom