Afraid to eat eggs now.....

I think I’m fully understanding now! You can eat the eggs, no worries, it won’t be an embryo unless sat on/incubated for 24+ hours. It’s totally okay to have a thought in the back of your mind saying “no no no” but over time you should be able to eat eggs, no doubt! :hugs

If it's a fertilized egg but hasn't been incubated, it's just a few cells. It's not really any more of a living thing than, say, a bacterium. It's technically alive but isn't capable of suffering, and definitely isn't a chick. Even if it has been sat on for 24 hours and is technically an embryo, it's still not alive. It's just a bunch of cells without any organs or anything.
During a menstrual cycle, several eggs are shed. If the person owning that uterus has, we'll say mated, there could be fertilized eggs there that didn't properly implant and are therefore being shed instead of growing into a fetus. Nobody reasonable holds a funeral over tampons. Same idea.

Just because an egg could be incubated to grow a chick doesn't mean a chick is in there now. You have nothing to worry about.

If it's a fertilized egg but hasn't been incubated, it's just a few cells. It's not really any more of a living thing than, say, a bacterium. It's technically alive but isn't capable of suffering, and definitely isn't a chick. Even if it has been sat on for 24 hours and is technically an embryo, it's still not alive. It's just a bunch of cells without any organs or anything.
During a menstrual cycle, several eggs are shed. If the person owning that uterus has, we'll say mated, there could be fertilized eggs there that didn't properly implant and are therefore being shed instead of growing into a fetus. Nobody reasonable holds a funeral over tampons. Same idea.

Just because an egg could be incubated to grow a chick doesn't mean a chick is in there now. You have nothing to worry about.
I literally just read all this and you’re 100% correct:lau

I completely understand where this poster is coming from, but my reasoning is different.
it’s not the potential of being a living being, it’s the fact that all I can think is “this came out of my chickens what??!” LOL.

YES I’m not stupid – I KNOW store bought ones come out the same way, but you don’t see it. I took me a long time to start eating these fresh eggs and I admit that I still have an issue. My husband has yet to eat a single one for the same reason. LOL.

I’m hoping with time it will pass, but right now everytime I crack one open I cringe thinking of where it came from. hahaha

Crack one of those store bought eggs next to one your girls laid. You’ll say oh why eat a egg that’s been sanded/polished washed in god only knows then stored for god only knows how long. How come store eggs have pale flat yellow yolks when my girls lay these wonderful looking eggs. Then eat one of each.
Store bought YUCK!
I sure hope you get past it cause your missing out!

Refuse to think of the egg as a baby. Put that thought out of your mind. The egg is not a baby chick, it is a gift to you from your hen so accept the gift and be grateful and enjoy. It will be the best egg you have ever eaten!

Back
Top Bottom