Afraid to eat eggs now.....

Pics
Last edited:
OMG..... for the last time it's not the thought of a fertile egg that deters me from eating it, it's the thought that I've hatched these very same eggs and have now seen the product of what it can turn out to be and can't imagine eating it because I've seen my little chicks and grew to love them and the thought of one of them in those eggs that I've eaten bothers me. For the love of all things cute and cuddly in this world..... DO YOU GUYS GET IT NOW?!! Geezus, lawd have mercy on my soul!!!!
Decaf Shamo darling Decaf*

Refuse to think of the egg as a baby. Put that thought out of your mind. The egg is not a baby chick, it is a gift to you from your hen so accept the gift and be grateful and enjoy. It will be the best egg you have ever eaten!
I like this..I thank my girls everyday for their eggs they work hard to make them. In the nesting box they don’t give them a second thought...the second I pick them up they want to know where I’m going with them. Funny girls.

Would it help you to get over it if someone ELSE cooked the eggs for you, and you didn't have to watch the eggs get cracked open or cooked?

I was a little bit weird about eating eggs of any kind after studying embryology in college, where you incubate eggs and crack one open every day to see how they develop. All those poor dead babies!!

Back
Top Bottom