African Harlequin Quail cages

bsfarm1

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 15, 2011
Does anyone have any tips,recommendations,etc.,for housing African Harlequin Quail? Size of cage,flooring,wire or some other type of flooring which is easier on their feet? Thanks for any & all help!!
wink.png

I use similar caging methods as my cbbq. There is no wire bottom as their feet are so delicate. Each cage is 26 “L x 14”W x 20”H

Do you have pictures of your cages Quaillady? I am definitely going to need more cages! And a muffler, I have a cute little coturnix roo that really loves the sound of his own voice...
lol.png

Im also looking into making harlequin cages. Can they be raised on solid floor? I imagine they would be smililaire to coturnix since they are almost derectly related?

Those the Bracken Ridge ones Alex? I'm all over it if that is what they look like real time. They seemed smaller in other pics...but with birds in them it looks real good for separating an ankle or butt biting Coturnix who needs time out to chill out.
Thanks for the pic and a lead on who's making it.
T

Those are homemade ones, larger than Brackenridge (taller that is). Coturnix were in the ones Prior to selling them and putting the AH in there. And made a couple more.

ETA: Brackenridge cages are too small for coturnix. They house the button pairs perfectly, however. I <3 them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom