After hard worked, finally, first eggs started arriving around Late-October, 2012. Yep!!!!

tuanle

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 28, 2012
New York
My Coop
My Coop
We got our first eggs. hooray!
ya.gif

Compare the egg yolk from our chickens with the egg yolk from the supermarket; the egg yolk from supermarket on the right below is yellow whereas the yolk from our chickens on the left is golden color yolk. Our chickens are feed with organics and natural food. Plus, free range (the chickens are free to roam around the yard at least 2 hrs every day). Happy chicken, it laid healthy egg. :)

Yay!!!! Getting your first egg(s) is so exciting! It seems like a long wait, but it's worth it. Yes, the quality is wonderful. Soon your eggs will get bigger too! How many hens do you have? CONGRATULATIONS
yippiechickie.gif

Yay!!!! Getting your first egg(s) is so exciting! It seems like a long wait, but it's worth it. Yes, the quality is wonderful. Soon your eggs will get bigger too! How many hens do you have? CONGRATULATIONS
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks. Yep, getting first egg (s) is very exciting, especially after hard labor and the waiting. We built our chicken coop based on Wichita Cabin Coop design, and put lot of work on it. That is probably why we getting so exciting when we got our first egg (s). Here is the link to our coop for more details: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/tuans-coop .

We got our first egg about 2 weeks ago, since we got power outage for 1 week because the hurricane Sandy hit NYC. Therefore, I wasn't able to post until today. I have 5 hens in total. After I posted this thread, I went outside to check on the chickens, I saw 4 eggs in total!

Currently, the eggs are a lot smaller compare to the eggs on the supermarket. However, like you said "The quality is wonderful". That is what we count on. How long before you can see bigger eggs, after first year?

Thanks. Yep, getting first egg (s) is very exciting, especially after hard labor and the waiting. We built our chicken coop based on Wichita Cabin Coop design, and put lot of work on it. That is probably why we getting so exciting when we got our first egg (s). Here is the link to our coop for more details: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/tuans-coop .

We got our first egg about 2 weeks ago, since we got power outage for 1 week because the hurricane Sandy hit NYC. Therefore, I wasn't able to post until today. I have 5 hens in total. After I posted this thread, I went outside to check on the chickens, I saw 4 eggs in total!

Currently, the eggs are a lot smaller compare to the eggs on the supermarket. However, like you said "The quality is wonderful". That is what we count on. How long before you can see bigger eggs, after first year?

Our hens started laying late August 2011. I can't remember for sure how long before we were getting big eggs, but I think over the Winter, the eggs were normal size. Some medium, some large and some extra large. I checked out your post about your coop. I love the coop/run. Very attractive and looks equally functional too. You did a GREAT JOB!!!

Back
Top Bottom