After loss of duck, need to rehome other in WA

cuddlefish88

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2017
First time poster with a purpose. Have posted CL ad locally but no takers. We're in Olympia, Wa, and willing to negotiate meeting somewhere to pass Sydney off to good hands.

I have a pet female duck in need of rehoming. She was paired with another female, who was recently killed by a monster possum. We're experiencing some life changes and relocation and do not want to get another waterfowl.

This duck has been raised with two chickens without issues. She used to lay eggs but I'm not certain if she still does after she had a prolapse (that self-resolved). Hard to tell which eggs belonged to which duck.

She is three years old or so. She's will tolerate people if she has to, but she definitely prefers duck company. She will eat out of your hands and is non-aggressive. She loves to help with gardening and finding bugs.

Within days of losing its sister, this duck has become very disruptive to the neighborhood and needs to be rehomed soon. I really don't want to have our hunter friends 'take care of it' but it's severely stressing me out (during a high risk pregnancy no less) and the neighbors might shoot it themselves.

Hello, just became a 'member' don't know how old your post is but I'm very interested in your female ! 360-539-1747. I'm in Rainier Wa. and have a set male and fe Magpie ducks...just got on CL last mo. Hope I can figure out how to retrieve BYC messages since this is about ducks..my phone pls call..meantime will look on CL

Back
Top Bottom