Against the odds hatching thread (with pictures and questions)

Pics
Went to bed but got out to take just one last peek... And there’s another pip!! The egg right next to it, and the pips are facing each other and I can hear the babies chatting!! This is so exciting!!!!!! The second one is also a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington, and it also pipped in its air cell. Man... this is actually happening!

P.S. The first one is zipping, and narrating the whole process :lol:

Last edited:
Well that was fast!
C97F83AB-179D-4C9B-BB10-FE2D53C83BD8.jpeg

Zipped and climbed out in half an hour. It was quite the herculean feat to push and climb UP out of that upright egg, then climb over everything and get down. I’m impressed by the strength that tiny thing has. Now it’s yelling because it’s alone :lol: Let’s hope it gets a friend soon because it’s 2 am and we need to sleep...

It’s so fluffy!!

F75972EC-FF00-4BCE-9FB0-11B67F6D38F2.jpeg

There was some blood on and near the fan in the morning though :hit The chick seems okay, just a little cut on one toe. I guess these babies are extremely delicate! I wrapped the fan in cheese cloth.

043C8C4E-90B8-41B9-9B24-3FB4EE29DCF6.jpeg 90E16BC8-64BB-4AD4-9BA4-B2D4334BB139.jpeg

Shortly after all that, the second chick popped out as well! The second Lemon. It’s looking good so far. The whole family watched. The kids are SO excited!!

I'll bet the kids are excited . Great to see the first to hatch were some of the ones shipped cross country . Any others starting to pip ?
No more pips yet, but it’s still day 20 so we have time. It will be an exciting weekend. And yeah, the first two are among the farthest shipped, which I did not expect.

Now I’m worried that the cheesecloth is blocking the fan and the temperature is uneven again... Ranging from 96-97 on one end to 101 on the other :( What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom