Age old question, barred rock pullet or cockerel?

JustFrHENS

Hatching
Apr 24, 2024
Hi everyone! This is Bagels, she is from a repeatable hatchery and should be a she…but I am concerned due to her patterning she is looking more like a He! 4 weeks old…too early to tell? She got her tail feathers VERY early but I don’t have any other BR’s to compare her too! THANK YOU! ☺️ I love her so so so much she’s so friendly and calm, and am not allowed roos, so praying she is a she! 🙏🏻

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1219.jpeg
    IMG_1219.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1216.jpeg
    IMG_1216.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1226.jpeg
    IMG_1226.jpeg
    494.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 4
I think it's too early to tell with this little one. The comb is a bit pink, but not very big, and the feet are also pretty small. I'm leaning pullet, but definitely update in a couple weeks if you're still unsure.

I think it's too early to tell with this little one. The comb is a bit pink, but not very big, and the feet are also pretty small. I'm leaning pullet, but definitely update in a couple weeks if you're still unsure.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and reply! I am hoping so, too! My grandfather actually was a barred rock chicken farmer lol so when starting my own flock I wanted to be sure I had one too🥰 I hope Bagels can stay with me, I love them so much. I will post an update in a few weeks!!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and reply! I am hoping so, too! My grandfather actually was a barred rock chicken farmer lol so when starting my own flock I wanted to be sure I had one too🥰 I hope Bagels can stay with me, I love them so much. I will post an update in a few weeks!!
You're very welcome, and I hope you enjoy your new flock!

Back
Top Bottom