aggression?

Elderoo, I agree that when people get all gah gah over their little chickies, it means the chickies get treated better. And I'm all for that! Whatever it takes to treat one more chicken better in the world.

Hmmm, watching TV and sleeping in beds... I wonder what they would watch, and how fluffed they like their pillows...

roll.png

ba·by (bā'bē) pronunciation
n., pl. -bies.

1. A very young child; an infant.
2. An unborn child; a fetus.
3. The youngest member of a family or group.
4. A very young animal.
2. An adult or young person who behaves in an infantile way.
3. Slang. A girl or young woman.
4. Informal. Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
5. Slang. An object of personal concern or interest: Keeping the boat in good repair is your baby.

tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
tongue.png

I love my feathered babies....

Back to the original question.

I heard that if you pet and spoil your chicks, they will become aggressive later on. Please tell me its not so. Karen

I have never heard of anyone who spoiled and petted their HENS and they later turned out to be aggressive. Usually if they are unfriendly or don't like to be handled, you will know about it as chicks.

Roosters are another matter. They have different roles from the hens. They are natural protectors and may or may not turn aggressive as they get older, and it has nothing to do with how they were handled as chicks.

My huge speckled Sussex roo used to be as sweet as could be. He would jump on my shoulder and follow me around. Since he has gotten a harem, he trys to draw blood any time anyone comes into his territorty.

Handle your chicks, play with them and don't worry about it.

PS: My chickens are pets and I am running a retirement home for elderly hens. No way I could eat them.​

Thanks, I had a rooster who was very friendly, let me pet him, etc. Out of the blue, he attacked my husband, then months later he attacked me! I've taken him out of my will.

Back
Top Bottom