Aggressive behavior

Garciaaxen

Chirping
Nov 20, 2023
Can someone tell me signs that a duck is being aggressive or bullying other ducks? I have a male Rouen who is 8 weeks old, his mate just died. I just got 6 week old khaki Campbell hens for him. I want to introduce them to each other but I’m scared that he might hurt them or may not like them. What can I do to introduce them together in a calm manner? And what are signs of him being aggressive or bullying them? Will he peck them? Chase them?

they need the look but no touch set up for a week or more, where they can see each other through a fence. When they start to lay down near each other at the fence then you know they are ok.
Assuming they are 6 weeks old.
If they are only one week olds they should still be in a brooder with 80-85 degree temps

I have one 8 week old drake & two 6 week old ducklings.
ok great then the the look but no touch set up will work great and at night use something like a dog crate to put the girls in, inside the coop with the boy. so they can still see but not touch yet. They need to get used to each other first., then supervise some together time and see how it goes.

Attachments

• IMG_2410.png
    IMG_2410.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Don’t shoot me for having them together, I was inside with them setting up the crate for the girls. So I was supervising them & they seemed to get along ok. The girls will be in a crate with their own heat lamp & be seperate over nights.

Back
Top Bottom