Aggressive Chickens Pls Help! How To Stop This

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hi everyone its an emergency since morning two , 2 months old indian leghorn pullets seems so angry since morning both are fighting and injured each other comb and wattles .

i put some vaseline to their comb dont' know what to do ?
they seems like they wanna kill each other we seperate them into different boxes .

it all started yesterday when my friend's blue napkin falls on floor and teetee (female) picked up and seems playing we thought she's playing with that blue napkin but actually she's fighting with that blue napkin

they both are on cocci treatment on 30th Aug for 5 Days
and recovered within a day .
they both are on simple light diet .
they poop normal

we also give them their fav Fresh sweet Corn , Boiled Rice With Yoghurt and plenty of fruits apple mostly ..

Any suggestions will be helpful this is the first time they become so aggressive i dont know how to stop this pls

Is one of the chickens possibly a rooster? The food they are getting probably does not have enough protein. They should get 16-20% of protein in a balanced chicken feed with all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals they need. How old are they? Make sure they have enough room, and get outside to roam daily to help prevent boredom and overcrowding, along with protein, which are common reasons for fighting. Of course, age of the chickens is important on free ranging.

Yes! One is Rooster & One Is Hen ..They Are 2 months old (17 weeks)
They are small.breeds so they are not too tall .
Actually we just stop the protein intake as they previously on Coccidiosis Treatment From 30th Aug To 3 sept with Biotrim ( corid is not avail in my country) ..
So we stop their eggs ..also my rooster comb developed too big nd flop over his head cover his eye so we stop the protine ..
Here in India no commercial chicken feed is avail so we give them natural diet like corn , rice , millet , yoghurt , fruits , vegetables
And also as we don't give them commercial feed we give them 1 drop of vitamins nd amino acids for their nutrients needs ..

They were so friendly I'm so tensed

M glad u reply pls suggest me

Combs flopping over can be just from having a large comb. Protein is very important in the diet, but not too much. If Biotrim is sulfa antibiotic, that should be good for coccidiosis treatment, and no restriction of protein is needed. Some people give a little egg or very small amount of meat or fish to increase protein with a grain diet. I would try to add more pullets or females to the mix of chickens. Otherwise the one female will be overbred eventually, and could be hurt. New chickens should be the same size, and gradually introduced, possibly through a fence where they can see and not be hurt.

I agree with all the advice you have been given.

Just for my curiosity - can you post some photos of your birds - I've never heard of Old Indian Leghorns so I would like to see them:)

Combs flopping over can be just from having a large comb. Protein is very important in the diet, but not too much. If Biotrim is sulfa antibiotic, that should be good for coccidiosis treatment, and no restriction of protein is needed. Some people give a little egg or very small amount of meat or fish to increase protein with a grain diet. I would try to add more pullets or females to the mix of chickens. Otherwise the one female will be overbred eventually, and could be hurt. New chickens should be the same size, and gradually introduced, possibly through a fence where they can see and not be hurt.

Ohhhh yes I'll click out some pics nd attach here soon ..his comb become large nd flop down on his head cz of that he's one eye got covered under it nd from their today's fights that covered eye is shut I separate them immediately after their rough behavior both of them got many bloody scratches over their comb I clean the blood & apply Vaseline ..

Yes I consulted to a poultry vet previously when girl had symptoms of cocci as she suddenly stop eating nd have bloody poo ..
Vet advised Biotrim also Biotrim seems so much speedy effective ..also vet said that Biotrim will clear any bacterial infection or fowl cholera / fowl typhoid in poultry

Ohkay I'll start their protine diet again ..also I try to add more fellow members they are only 2 as pets they never fought since I have them they sleep together eat together only from yesterday this odd behavior come
Now I'm.worry if they'll sleep alone or not I also put some toys in their box hope they stop this behavior soon ..
I just wanted to ask that there no worry na to separate them ?

Thank you so much for ur valuable reply ..

Last edited:
I agree with all the advice you have been given.

Just for my curiosity - can you post some photos of your birds - I've never heard of Old Indian Leghorns so I would like to see them:)
Oh yeah sure I'll click pics ans post here ..they just as same white Leghorn here we got it from.a local store but they only provide 1-2 day old chicks & they are colored

Screenshot_2017-09-07-20-39-59.png
IMG_20170907_204456.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170907_204432.jpg
    IMG_20170907_204432.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 6
Wow, that is a big comb! Haha very cute. Being that you only have the 2 of them, its important that they get outside and are allowed to wander around and peck and scratch at the grass and search for bugs. It will keep them busy and take their minds off fighting.

Wow, that is a big comb! Haha very cute. Being that you only have the 2 of them, its important that they get outside and are allowed to wander around and peck and scratch at the grass and search for bugs. It will keep them busy and take their minds off fighting.

Awwww thank you dear :love
Oh yeah they run everywhere and search for everything they can get lol:wee

Back
Top Bottom