Aggressive Male

I feel terrible admitting that I giggled reading this. It just kept getting worse and worse for you!!

And your rooster now lays eggs? I would so love for that happen with Henry. It'd help make up for all the money I've spent with his recovery from a coyote attack. My husband now calls him the million dollar chicken.

So, something similar happened when two sister cats I adopted were separated for a few weeks. They were tightly bonded throughout their ten years, but when they were split apart it's like they didn't recognize each other anymore. The scents were probably all wrong on their fur, and depression is perceived as weakness, so my other cats weren't thrilled with them either.

Gradually things calmed down, but the bonding was broken forever, which was very sad indeed.

I'm not sure your chickens will ever return to the bond they once had, but hopefully over time, lots and lots of time I'm guessing, things will soften and your hen will regain her confidence and feel less depressed and won't be such an easy target anymore.

I feel terrible admitting that I giggled reading this. It just kept getting worse and worse for you!!

And your rooster now lays eggs? I would so love for that happen with Henry. It'd help make up for all the money I've spent with his recovery from a coyote attack. My husband now calls him the million dollar chicken.

So, something similar happened when two sister cats I adopted were separated for a few weeks. They were tightly bonded throughout their ten years, but when they were split apart it's like they didn't recognize each other anymore. The scents were probably all wrong on their fur, and depression is perceived as weakness, so my other cats weren't thrilled with them either.

Gradually things calmed down, but the bonding was broken forever, which was very sad indeed.

I'm not sure your chickens will ever return to the bond they once had, but hopefully over time, lots and lots of time I'm guessing, things will soften and your hen will regain her confidence and feel less depressed and won't be such an easy target anymore.
Ohhh I hope so too! They loved each other so much
Both are female.
Well......how embarrassing! hah
But WOW, does it ever answer a lot of my questions!
I wish they would just love each other again!
Thank you for all your feedback!!!

Both chickens are female. If you separate the bonded pair, the drakes may very well start gang breeding another hen. Your hen to drake ratio may very well not work. If your ducks have access to swimming water, it is very likely that the drakes will start inadvertently drowning hens while gang breeding them.

Both chickens are female. If you separate the bonded pair, the drakes may very well start gang breeding another hen. Your hen to drake ratio may very well not work. If your ducks have access to swimming water, it is very likely that the drakes will start inadvertently drowning hens while gang breeding them.

Back
Top Bottom