Aggressive quail

BroodyMama1

Songster
5 Years
Feb 21, 2018
Kentucky
I’ve been gone for the week so left husband to take care of quail. Went out tonight to do the garden and he went to fill their water. He found one with basically its skull showing from getting pecked. Upset because I’m not sure why he didn’t catch it before it got this bad. But it is now inside and cleaned up. I went into the pen and noticed all the dark brown ones have feathers messing from their heads and lucky no wounds. The 2 light ones have no missing feathers. We saw one of the white one get aggressive and peck at the others so we pulled it and brought it into the house as well (different boxes) could this one be a male and is why it’s doing it, because they are a different color than it, or it’s just an Ahole? Going to YouTube how to sex it. But just not sure why.

It could be any of the reasons you guessed. If the others are missing feathers but don't have wounds, that would be a sign of aggressive breeding.

Do you know if the scalped one is male? If so, it's even more likely that your white one is also male.

It could be any of the reasons you guessed. If the others are missing feathers but don't have wounds, that would be a sign of aggressive breeding.

Do you know if the scalped one is male? If so, it's even more likely that your white one is also male.
No I’m not sure. Going to check them out too. It’s pretty bad off. Hoping we can nurse the poor thing back to heath.

Back
Top Bottom