Aggressive Spalding

Emeraldmom

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
I am brand new to raising to pea fowl so right now I only have the one male. He started off as a 4-H project and was hand raised from 3 weeks old like all of my projects are. He's a few months from being two years right now and is normally very sweet. However, he suddenly turned aggressive towards me and I'm not really sure what to do about it. I've read that reacting is a bad thing, that not reacting is worse, that putting a pea hen with him could help or it could make it worse. Culling is not an option for me, considering he is a project, not just a pet. I would go to my breeder, but honestly, she told me he was a pied, then that he was a female Spalding, then that he was a blue, before finally figuring out that he was a Spalding, so I don't really trust her anymore. I really just need some solid answers if you can give me any. Any advice would be great too. Thanks so much.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
, Pea Central!

I'm sure you'll get some responses from peapeople who have experience this, but in the meantime:
It may be that your boy is acting aggressive because it's breeding season.
Even the most mild mannered of peaboys gets crazy at this time of the year!

Id' love to see pic's and it is breeding season it is normal for birds and all animals to get aggressive at this time.

Back
Top Bottom