Aggressive tom

I had some I got at 8 weeks old that had imprinted already that got agressive. If they ate anything but high protein feed they would attack me. So when the mulberry got ripe, they attack , when grass seed got ripe they attack. I got sick of it and they tasted great
Speaking of tasting great I reduced my flock this morning by 8. They were last years poults, (young toms) I was going to use for next years breeding. But they were just to aggressive. to other turkeys, not very good personalities. So half of them are going into smoker in a few days and other half in freezer camp.

Speaking of tasting great I reduced my flock this morning by 8. They were last years poults, (young toms) I was going to use for next years breeding. But they were just to aggressive. to other turkeys, not very good personalities. So half of them are going into smoker in a few days and other half in freezer camp.
I have 4 jakes from Aug, hoping they behave until closer to the holidays. Too hot here to be chasing turkeys down. 😂

My tom is about 7 months old, and he keeps chasing and flying up at my mom. It just started about 2 weeks ago. I am at a loss of what to do. Any tips on correcting this behavior? He needs more hens but I just bought 1 and will look for another 2 adults. Adult hens are hard to find here for under $60
I have a pretty good smoker recipe! :D

I would say he has imprinted on humans, he doesn't really know the difference from human or turkeys and is taking his rank in pecking order. He must respect you and other male as higher on pecking order and keeping your mom under him in pecking order.
Yes I regret doing this. I handle each poult for an hour until they are about 6 weeks old. This is the second tom I've kept that has turned out aggressive. I always give him hugs so he must know what's up with me, lol. Should I tell my mom to hug him? I don't want to get rid of him so I'm going to try everything. He's locked up in the run right now.

Back
Top Bottom