Aggressive tom

I had some I got at 8 weeks old that had imprinted already that got agressive. If they ate anything but high protein feed they would attack me. So when the mulberry got ripe, they attack , when grass seed got ripe they attack. I got sick of it and they tasted great
Speaking of tasting great I reduced my flock this morning by 8. They were last years poults, (young toms) I was going to use for next years breeding. But they were just to aggressive. to other turkeys, not very good personalities. So half of them are going into smoker in a few days and other half in freezer camp.

Speaking of tasting great I reduced my flock this morning by 8. They were last years poults, (young toms) I was going to use for next years breeding. But they were just to aggressive. to other turkeys, not very good personalities. So half of them are going into smoker in a few days and other half in freezer camp.
I have 4 jakes from Aug, hoping they behave until closer to the holidays. Too hot here to be chasing turkeys down. 😂

My tom is about 7 months old, and he keeps chasing and flying up at my mom. It just started about 2 weeks ago. I am at a loss of what to do. Any tips on correcting this behavior? He needs more hens but I just bought 1 and will look for another 2 adults. Adult hens are hard to find here for under $60
I have a pretty good smoker recipe! :D

Back
Top Bottom