Aggressive Tom

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
I have a beatiful Bronze turkey tom named Buddy. He was so friendly when I first brought him home. He has always been great with me but for the last few months he wants to attack everyone that comes to the house. If you show any signs of fear and I mean the slightest bit he's after you. If you ignore him as if he isn't there he won't bother you. Problem is, he intimidates people so badly they can't help but freak out. It's as if he is asking for a fight. Anyone have any idea why he does this? If I know someone is coming over I have to pen him up. It's sad because he is so beautiful. He even goes after my daughter. Shoot, he actually chased my neighbors all the way down the driveway. Would you believe if they have to come over they carry a big stick to keep Buddy at bay. Now he is biting the sticks. What's up with this behavior?? So far I can not seem to stop it. If I can it's only for a very short time.

A.T. Hagan :

Time to acquaint Buddy with an oven. Especially if you have small children an aggressive tom is a danger to keep.

thumbsup.gif
Aggressive birds get a tour of the inside of my house, at least the kitchen!​

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Aggressive birds get a tour of the inside of my house, at least the kitchen!

Yep, that's my thought. I really like him though. He is great with all the other birds and with me. It's other people he isn't fond of...... lol.

Back
Top Bottom