Aging a duckling- help!?

Clinkm

Chirping
Apr 12, 2021
MO
20210416_152934.jpg

Good evening! So I'm no expert, but I really don't think f&h gave me the correct dob for the biggin on the right. I know for a fact the one on the left was born 4/3 and the one on the right I was told was a week old on 4/4. I just find it crazy the drastic size difference given they are only a week apart.

Can anyone gimme some insight? Also when should I be able to possibly sex them by their sounds? They both still peep. So Im assuming in a few more weeks.

Thanks so much in advance for the info! I look forward to great conversation. There was so much positive on my welcome intro 😍 I really felt the love!

First of all, they are adorable!

One week can make a pretty big difference. And it looks like you have a Pekin duck on the right, and Pekin ducks are a paege breed. Your other one looks like a blue or grey Swedish.

You won't be able to sex them until they are a bit older. Ducks will start to quack early on and drakes will make a raspy frog like noise.

First of all, they are adorable!

One week can make a pretty big difference. And it looks like you have a Pekin duck on the right, and Pekin ducks are a paege breed. Your other one looks like a blue or grey Swedish.

You won't be able to sex them until they are a bit older. Ducks will start to quack early on and drakes will make a raspy frog like noise.
Thank you! Yes, they know they're cute too 🤣 and yes I knew the yellow trex was a pekin🤣🤣🤣🤣 (she, Im claiming the energy now, for both of them) pushes the little blue/grey swedish/pekin mix (at least thats what I was told it was) around with her size.

Last edited:
Do I have a drake feather starting 😥 or is it too early to tell? Around 5 or 6 weeks old. Still peeping and whispers soft. Only peeps loud when seperated from my very loud (starting to quack) female grey swedish pekin cross.
16203179936311953619493767775176.jpg

Back
Top Bottom