AH! First hatch! First 17 are hatching! *help please pg 14*

Thanks! I took the stinker out right when i saw your posts last night. I thought it was all good when I put them in but I guess I missed one. And I was right about the one with the blood ring though! So I'm glad those two are out. and with the two silkie eggs I think are infertile, that's 32 still in the bator.

Last night, took out the infertile ones, but some I just can't see well enough to be sure about. But what I'm concerned about is that it still smell gross in there!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
Is that just left over smell or should I be looking for another rotter or leaking egg??

My first eggs are under a couple of broodies but I have been given an incubator in case they 'go off the boil'....I got a dozen Nankins through the post but the mail bods thought that Fragile meant let's kick the box as high as we can " so only five were intact!! We have one bonnie chuck called Tweeny who is apparently a Pekin but as she has bare legs, perhaps not....we won't tell her.

Freeman, Hardy, Willis and Tweeny (the girls) and Huey who thinks he is in charge

Quote:
I'd be looking for another rotten one, or more. Better safe than sorry.

Great. This seems to be going brilliantly doesn't it? Blech.... Thanks though!

It may just be a residual stinkiness, but why take chances when you're so close to the end!

Quote:
The first eggs go into lockdown next Wednesday! Then shall be the moment of truth
hu.gif
All but 1 of the the 7 minorca eggs are going strong, and that's because the one had a blood ring, then a few of shays I know are good, but some I can't see into very well. Gotta tell you tho, I can't WAIT for my blrw eggs! Those go into lockdown with the silkies next friday. EEP!
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

WOWEE! Gag-o-RAMA! Found it!
sickbyc.gif
x10 Both times it's been one of Shay's eggs I think because her chickens hide their eggs and she had to look around pretty intently for them. So no fault on her part. They're in the freezer till dad can properly dispose of them at the dump!

Would love to see your pics when they hatch ckickenlover!

Back
Top Bottom