S*T*A*R

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
Look at what we found in our sink!!!!
69058_004.jpg
69058_003.jpg
Anybody know what kind it is?

I'm in south Texas and that looks like a young brown recluse spider, which are venomous. We have them all around us but they mostly stay hidden, due to their coloring. I've killed young ones that sneak inside our house during the hot dry months, they follow the insects that are searching for a water source. I would kill it before removing it, they can be aggressive.

I think the body shape is wrong for a juvenile recluse .. the bodies on BR are more elongated and oval ..

looks similar to a juvenile black widow .. but I'm still not convinced...

SKUKZKNKMKO09QF01QJ0UQLSAQVK8KTKNQZSUQY05KRS5KOK8K1KLKPK6QWK0KO0LKWKSKCK0KEKZK9KQK6KQKT0SK.jpg

Don't know if it is a brown recluse or not but they can definitely be found in Arizona. Nasty bite from those, can cause the skin to rot around the bite. I would say kill it just to be safe.

What part of the country are you in? That can really help narrow down the ID. I don't mind spiders too much, but I purely dread them in the sink or bathtub!

Quote:
I'm in Flag, AZ. I hate spiders.... to the extreme!! If one is in my bed, i'm sleepin' on the ground!!!! I've never seen one like this though.

Back
Top Bottom